I live in upstate New York with my, supportive husband and two children – who make everything worthwhile, and at times challenging. J My dream job is to write full time, but until then you’ll find me managing the business office of a community hospital. In addition to work and family, I serve on the auxiliary of our local fire department – my husband is a volunteer firefighter (lucky me!). I’m also a procrastinator (advanced-level) and recently discovered Pinterest, which could be dangerous.
I’m not big fan of pasta – at least not served up with plain ole’ marinara. Add a cream sauce and grilled chicken and that’s a different story. I think it goes back to those days growing up when money was tight and spaghetti became a staple. I’ve had enough to last a lifetime. LOL.
Years later, I’m a mom in need of fast and financially friendly meals and pasta still fits the bill. Not only that, but my kids Love (with a capital L) pasta—they’re still young yet. They’d eat it every day if I let them. So I’m always on the lookout for creative recipes to make things interesting.
Enter skillet lasagna. I found this particular recipe on Pinterest recently and gave it a shot. Kids loved it and it was super easy to make since it calls for a jarred sauce which cuts down on prep. This is important because I work full time during the day and I need meals that come together 1-2-3 in order to have more time to write in the evenings.
Bowtie Skillet Lasagna (from: http://www.yummly.com/recipe/external/Bow-tie-skillet-lasgna-351107)
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 lb. Mini Farfalle/Bow Tie Pasta (mini cooks faster!)
- 24 oz Jar of Spaghetti Sauce (my kids don’t like sauces with tomato pieces)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- ½ cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (I usually add a little more)
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- Parmesan Cheese, if desired
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef until fully cooked; drain.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- After pasta is cooked, drain. Return to pot and toss with the olive oil.
- Add the spaghetti sauce to the pasta and stir.
- Next, add the cooked ground beef, seasonings, mozzarella cheese and sour cream to the pasta. Fold together and cook over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Jill Malone has been looking for love for all the wrong reasons. A reality check has her signing up for a no-strings attached night to simply forget about forever after. The last thing she expected was to know her blind date.
Blake Anders doesn’t need help finding a date, but he’s tempted by 1Night Stand’s reputation of arranging exactly what a person needs. And he needs more. Though doubtful, he agrees to one night and hopes to discover his perfect match. He didn’t count on Madame Eve reaching deep into his past to give him a night with the woman he never forgot.
Fearing another broken heart, Jill works to keep herself from becoming attached, but Blake goes all in to convince her that he wants their long-overdue love to be more than a one-night stand…
Grab your copy at:
All Romance eBooks: https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-longoverdue-1409270-149.html