Okay, so maybe I’m a couple of days shy of the new year, but it’s close enough! On Jan 1, 2011 I did a post called “2011, Day One.” In it I set a few goals for things that I wanted to accomplish during the year ahead. I thought it would be fun to go back and see how I made out. Here’s my list of goals taken directly from that post:
1. Get something published somewhere. Vague, but reasonable. And the most important goal of them all. This will be my year to get The Call.
2. Write a few books targeted to ePublishers. Totally doable. Not sure how many, but as many as I can. I’m falling in love with the idea of epublishing and I’d love to have books out there in ebook world.
3. Write my second single-title romance. Hmmm, I need to flesh out a few ideas for that one. I have a couple started, but they need some brainstorming.
4. Get an agent to represent my first or second single-title and shop it/them to publishers. That shouldn’t be too hard to accomplish, right? Right?! Oy…
Easy-peasy lemon squeezy. 🙂
That’s a pretty good list. So how did I make out with my goals? Let’s see, shall we?
1. Get something published somewhere.–Check! LOVE AND LATTES was published by Silver Publishing in Sept. BUNNY HILLS AND BIKINIS was indie-pubbed in Nov.
2. Write a few books targeted to ePublishers.–Check! LOVE ON LANDING, the second in the Meadow Ridge Series, is scheduled to be published by Silver Publishing in Jan 2012. And I’m currently writing another book for that series, which will hopefully get contracted as well.
3. Write my second single-title romance.–Check! I just finished the first draft of another full-length novel. This one is a paranormal romance. Although it isn’t a single-title since I believe it will be book one of a series. But I think this is close enough that it counts!
4. Get an agent…–Check!!!! I almost didn’t think it would happen, but it did. I’m represented by Jill Marsal and so far, she’s awesome. As for the second part of this goal, time will tell…
2011 was better than I could have dreamed when I originally wrote those goals back on Jan 1. I would have been happy if I’d been able to just accomplish one of them. To look back on the year and see that I completed all of them, well, what can I say but wow. I’m amazed. I’m blessed.
And I’m looking forward to what 2012 will bring. Time to set some new goals!